Top Gun™ / orION™ Ionizing Air Gun/NozzleDownload File Product Enquiry
Simco-Ion's Top Gun Ionizing Air Gun is a high-performance ionizing air gun designed for a wide variety of electronic manufacturing, medical and assembly applications. Balanced to 0±15 V, the Top Gun features high blow-off force and low air consumption providing high efficiency cleaning and maximum static charge decay. A filter at the exit of the gun ensures that the air is clean.
The gun body is lightweight but durable. It features a light-touch trigger, making it comfortable even for extended use. All functionality is built into the gun, including a flow control valve, a balance adjustment for calibration, and a two level LED which indicates both power and ionization. Both the gun and cable are static dissipative. A hanger is provided for easy
The orlON, converted from Top Gun to work as ionizing air nozzle, also features high blow-off force capability and reliable balance stability maintained at better than ±15 V. An easily replaceable 0.01 micron particle filter is positioned at the nozzle air exit to provide the highest confidence that clean air is delivered to sensitive product.
- Lightweight, Ergonomic Design
- Flow Control Valve for Adjustable Airflow (Top Gun only, not for orlON)
- Electrically balanced ion output
- Integrated, Replaceable Filter-Nozzle
- Ionization Indicator Light
- Maximum user comfort prevents operator fatigue and increases productivity
- Airflow use that meets the specific application requirements
- Protects ESD sensitive components and assemblies
- Insures air contacting the target area is clean
- Eliminates the guesswork of ionization at target area
|Top Gun 3 or orION|
|Input Voltage|| 120 VAC, 60 Hz, 0.2 A; 230 VAC, 50Hz, 0.1 A
|Decay Time|| 1.3 s @ (1000 V to 100 V, 15.2 cm, 2 bar);
0.5 s @ (1000 V to 100 V, 5cm, 4 bar)
|Indicators||Power - Red in reduced intensity; Trigger - Intensity increase|
|Gas Input||Clean Dry Air (CDA) or Nitrogen|
|Gas Connection||1/4“ NPT female|
|Gas Consumption|| 0.068m3/min @ 2 bar; 0.13m3/min @ 4 bar; 0.21m3/min @ 7 bar
|Blow-off Force||0.18kg @ (7bar, 5cm Dia target, 7.5cm distance)|
|Operating Env.||0 - 40ºC; 30 - 60% RH (non-condensing)|
|Enclosure|| Gun: Static Dissipative Polycarbonate/ABS Blend;
Cable: Static Dissipative Polyurethane
|Gun Cable||Standard 7' or 14', Optical Sensor version 5' or 14'|
|Weight||Gun: 0.185 kg; Air hose: 0.115 kg/meter|
|Input Voltage|| 120 VAC/ 0.10 A, 230 VAC/ 0.05 A
|Gas Pressure||7 bar max, Clean Dry Air (CDA) or Nitrogen|
|Gas Connection||1/4" NPT female|
|Dimensions||13.2W x 16.4H x 8.5D cm|
|Top Gun 3 balance long term stability (V)
|Distance||0 hr||195 hrs||465 hrs||1440 hrs|
|@ 2 Bar|
|@ 4 Bar|
The Top Gun with Sidekick offers hands-free operation and flexible positioning during assembly and manufacturing processes. A foot-pedaI controls both ionization and airflow, which reduces compressed air costs and extends the life of the ionizer.
The flexible gun mount allows the operator to focus the ionized airflow where it is needed. The stand includes a steel bracket for easy bench top mounting.
• Fully adjustable 46 cm neck focuses the ionized airflow
• Tabletop bracket provides easy mounting
• Foot-pedal permits hands-free operation
For automated assembly, Top Gun and orlON are available with an optional Optical Sensor, which automatically activates Top Gun and orlON when an object is in range.
The Optical Sensor has an adjustable sensing range from 2.5- 76 cm.
- Medical device manufacturing and packaging
- Precision parts assembly
- Particulate removal in optics
- Cleaning glass or molded parts prio to finishing
- Cleaning thermo-formed trays