CarboBond are carbon filled additives for polymer adhesives that produce high electrical and thermal conductivity or enable hardening by microwaves.
Products of the CarboBond series are additives for polymer adhesives that exhibit excellent electrical, thermal or radiation absorbing properties through the use of carbon nanoparticles and conventional carbon material. Variation of carbon composition and concentration plus selection of a suitable matrix allow simple optimization for very different adhesives.
Products of the CarboBond series are notable especially for following characteristics:
- individually adaptable electrical, thermal or radiation absorbing properties,
- obtainable for a variety of adhesive systems
- matched viscosity.
CarboBond comes in a selection of types for conventional mixing processes into various adhesives. The following products are available:
- CarboBond EHC for electrical conductivity
- CarboBond THC for thermal conductivity
- CarboBond RAC with radiation absorbing characteristics
CarboBond is suitable for different adhesive systems, and especially to produce additives for the following synthetics:
- Epoxy resins
- Acrylic resins
CarboBond can be used in varied fields of application:
- current and heat conducting adhesion of CFP components
- thermally conducting adhesives in electronics and semiconductor technology
- antistatic adhesives
- adhesive layers to transfer electric power
- radiation hardening adhesive systems, e.g. in automobile engineering.
CarboBond can reduce the specific electrical resistance of an epoxy-resin-based adhesive
to as much as 10²Ω ∙cm.